The global laptop accessories market size is expected to reach USD 57.66 billion by 2028, according to a new report by Grand View Research, Inc. It is expected to expand at a CAGR of 6.3% from 2021 to 2028. Increased customer demand for consumer electronics is fueling the growth of the accessories linked with them. Customers need to acquire laptop accessories in an average time period of 3-5 years, thus their short life span promotes their growth in terms of volume. Moreover, innovation in the field of laptop accessories encourages buyers to purchase new products, resulting in a significant increase in the market growth.
Consumers in emerging nations such as Thailand, Brazil, India, and China have a high purchasing power, allowing them to spend more on consumer electronics, resulting in the increased sales of laptop accessories. The growing number of corporate offices throughout the world is driving the market for laptop accessories. Furthermore, the expansion of the market in South Asia and East Asia is predicted to be fueled by an increase in urbanization, disposable income, and e-commerce penetration.
Vendors are taking steps to retain and gain a greater market share in response to the increased demand for laptop accessories. Laptop accessories vendors are utilizing economies of scale to offer a large volume of items at competitive and affordable prices in order to combat the fierce competition in the global market.
Further key findings from the report suggest:
- The electronic type segment accounted for the largest share of over 60.0% in 2020. In the electronic segment, the mouse and keyboard segment captured the largest share of over 35.0% in 2020
- The personal end-use segment accounted for the largest revenue share of over 55.0% in 2020 owing to the sudden shift from work from office to work from home on the backdrop of the pandemic and subsequent lockdown
- The offline distribution channel segment accounted for the largest revenue share of over 60.0% in 2020. This can be credited to the fact that a large section of consumers still prefers physical shopping of electronic appliances
- Asia Pacific held the largest revenue share of more than 35.0% in 2020 and is expected to register the fastest CAGR from 2021 to 2028.
Laptop Accessories Market Segmentation
Grand View Research has segmented the global laptop accessories market on the basis of type, end use, distribution channel, and region:
Laptop Accessories Type Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2016 – 2028)
- Charger & Adapter
- Memory Drives
- Mouse & Keyboard
- Audio Devices
- Others (adapters, readers, cooling fan, etc.)
- Mouse Pad
- Stand & Holder
- Protective Case
- Others (Key guards, laminates & covers, anti-thefts, cleaning, etc.)
Laptop Accessories End-use Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2016 – 2028)
Laptop Accessories Distribution Channel Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2016 – 2028)
Laptop Accessories Regional Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2016 – 2028)
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Central and South America
- Middle East and Africa
List of Key Players of Laptop Accessories Market
- Western Digital Corporation
- Hewlett-Packard Company
- ASUSTeK Computer Inc.
- GIGA-BYTE Technology Co., Ltd.
- Seagate Technology LLC
- Kingston Technology