Chandra works at the municipal corporation of his town as a sweeper. His duty is to sweep the roads and the locality assigned to him on a regular basis twice a day. He is aware of the filth he would have to handle every day still he does not take proper care and clothing before beginning his job. Recently he started to notice rashes and bumps on the skin of his arms. They are really itchy and also cause irritation on the skin; after having seen a doctor he got to know that it was a skin infestation called Scabies.
There are various skin infestations that can happen due to various parasitic micro bodies. One such skin infestation is Scabies. Human scabies is caused by an infestation of the skin by the human itch mite (Sarcoptes scabiei var. hominis). The microscopic scabies mite burrows into the upper layer of the skin where it lives and lays its eggs.
Things that can lead to Scabies
Since scabies is a skin infestation caused by a mite that burrows in the upper layer of the skin and lays eggs in it. This causes a burning and irritating sensation on the skin. However, the factors causing this disease are discussed below:
- Unhealthy living condition: an unhealthy living condition in which a person does not wash and clean himself regularly and keeps doing this for a long term is prone to get such skin infection diseases.
- Un-clean surroundings: having unclean and dirty surroundings is also a cause behind having such skin infestation, dirty and filthy surroundings can become a breeding place of many parasitic bodies.
- Wearing unclean clothes: washing clothes after every use is necessary as they may carry such infectious micro-bodies that may also cause severe infections and allergies.
- Occupational exposure: people working in a hospital or dealing with patients suffering from similar infectious diseases are also prone to get infected if they do not follow proper safety measures.
- Contamination: living in a contaminated place or even wearing anything contaminated with parasitic microorganisms can also become a cause behind the infections.
- Prolonged skin contact with an infected person: being with or even around a person who already has such skin infections makes you open to the threat of catching the infection too.
Symptoms of Scabies
The symptoms and signs of scabies are very clear and succinct. The microorganism affects the skin so the symptoms are very much visible. The symptoms are as follows:
- Itching, often severe and usually worse at night
- Thin, irregular burrow tracks made up of tiny blisters or bumps on your skin
- In infants and young children, common sites of infestation usually include the scalp, palms of hands, and soles of feet.
If you, ever, have had scabies before, then the signs and symptoms may develop within a few days of being exposed. If you have never had scabies, then it may take at most six weeks for signs and symptoms to develop.
Treatment of Scabies
The treatment of Scabies is trusted with the usage of medicine called IVERMECTIN. It is a drug used to treat various types of skin parasitic infections. Anyone can order Ivermectin Online in USA and UK to treat scabies.
Dosage of Ivermectin
It comes in the form of tablets as well as a lotion; both can be used only with a doctor’s recommendation. The dosage goes as follows: Have 0.2 mg/kg orally once, and repeated in 2 weeks. Ivermectin therapy may be combined with a topical scabicide.
Its overdose must be avoided at any cost as it can cause many side effects that can harm our digestive system as well as our skin and organs. People allergic to the medicine must avoid it totally. It is available at any general medical store as well as it can be ordered online.