Gmail has become one of the famous and best email services and one can easily exchange emails anytime you want. But what if the email service has stopped working and you can’t receive an email? Yes, there are several users who have complained about Gmail not working or not receiving emails. If you are also the one who is stuck because of the same reason then, follow the steps mentioned below.
Every error has some reasons and resolutions too. The same goes with Gmail not receiving emails in the 2022 issue. Let’s move ahead with the reason behind not receiving the email issue.
- Using incorrect credentials
- There might be connectivity issues
- Incorrect configuration Email filters
- Server outages
- Insufficient Gmail storage
Whatever the reason is, there must be some possible solutions which help to fix the “Gmail not receiving emails” issue.
Method 1- Check if Gmail Server is down
There might be the possibility that Google servers are suffering outages. Therefore, Gmail should be down on a temporary basis. To check whether the servers are down, locate the Downdetector website and enter the Gmail keyword in it to check the server status.
Press the Enter key and click on Gmail to check if the service is facing any server outage. If that is the case then, wait for Google service to fix the issue.
Method 2- Check and Free-Up Gmail Storage
If you are no longer able to receive emails on the Gmail account, there might be a possibility that you are out of the Free Space Quota. Try to check the storage and if it is full then, upgrade the Storage Plan as quickly as possible. Google has a free capacity of 15 GB of storage and if full then, you can purchase more space.
- First of all, start the Gmail account
- Choose the set of emails that you no longer want
- Just go to the Delete button and you can remove lots of emails from the Spam detection
- You have to remove lots of emails from the Spam section
- Then Gmail will start removing emails that are stored in the Trash for more than 30 days
You should empty the Bin to get more storage if you are stuck with this issue as you aren’t able to receive emails.
Method 3- Clear Email Filters
Incorrectly set email filters can also block receiving emails from the recipients. Hence, check the Gmail settings and remove the unnecessary filters
- First and foremost, access the Gmail Account
- Access Settings by clicking on the Settings icon from the top-right corner and Seeing all settings
- Move ahead with the Filters and blocked addresses tab and choose all filters that appear in the listed on that tab
- There you have to click on the Delete option that appears next to each filter
Method 4- Disable Email Forwarding
If you have turned the Email Forwarding option then, you have to turn it off to resolve the Gmail not receiving emails in 2022
- Access Gmail account by entering email address and password
- After that, go to the Settings icon by clicking on the Gear icon on the top-right corner and see all Settings
- Then, you have to move ahead with the Forwarding and IMAP/POP tab and click on the Disable forwarding option
- there you have to save the Changes successfully and you are all set
- In the end, you have to check if your Gmail problem is fixed or not and you can do it anytime.
Method 5- Turn off Firewall
A firewall can also block emails from the Gmail service. Try to disable the security settings for a while to check it is not the reason behind it.
- First and foremost, go to the Start Menu and locate the Settings
- After that, click on the Update and Security and Windows Security and move ahead with the Network and Firewall protection
- Then, you have to choose the Network profile from the settings of Window Security
- In the end, turn off the Firewall feature under the Microsoft Defender header
These are a few methods that will fix the issue of Gmail is not receiving emails in 2022. If you think that it still doesn’t work then, all you need to do is to check the spam folder to get rid of this issue.
Check the Spam Folder
This is the main thing you should check when you stop receiving emails in your inbox. There is an option in Gmail which allows the users to mark an email as spam if they feel something doubtful in that message. Gmail uses this detail to check similar emails to ensure that the service is more secure for the users. Because there is no such filter that is 100% accurate as there are chances that the message from the known sender might be there in the Gmail spam folder.
Gmail filters email automatically into different folders. If you have stopped receiving emails in the Inbox from the new sender, it is very much possible that Gmail has marked it as spam. To find the email, you can move to the inbox by choosing “Report not Spam” or “Move to Inbox” and you are all set. You can Contact Gmail Help Number UK to get instant help regarding the resolution.